Monday 14 April 2014

Resizing shoes

Hey everyone,

The weather is finally getting better, and I can dust off my heels and sandals! Woo!

Unfortunately, I forgot that these heels from Zara were a bit too big. They were the last pair at the Yorkdale location, and they checked the other stores but the only store that had them in my size was in Montreal!!

So, I took these home. I probably only wore them twice, and it was pretty painful. These were a size 7, and I usually wear a 6/6.5 in heels. I use the Dr. Scholl's heel liners which worked for a bit, but eventually they started to lose their stickiness.

I had to find a solution. At first I remembered watching a DIY video on youtube about making your own liners, but after searching multiple walmarts and craft stores, I wasn't able to find felt with the adhesive backing.

One day I was walking around Shoppers Drug Mart, and I saw these felt pads. Yes, the felt pads you stick under chairs so they don't scratch your flooring.

Step 1:
Measure and cut out a piece with a height of 1 inch. The length doesn't really matter, but I guess it would help make the shoe fit smaller.














Step 2: Place it in your shoe and adjust it to determine how it should fit, where it should bend, and make sure the sides don't come out over the side of the shoe.



































Make sure it doesn't look like that! It won't look attractive!!

Step 3: Peal off the adhesive sticky and place it in your shoe!
Press and hold, make sure it's in there.














Step 4: Enjoy your newly fitted shoes!
































Since I had leftovers, I did it to other pairs of shoes as well. It's so sad that Zara's 7 and 6.5 is a bit big, and 6 is too snug for me feet.

















Hopefully this was somewhat informative. I've been too tired to come up with ideas and actually do them. So many ideas! So little time!!

Until next time,
Aggie


No comments:

Post a Comment