Sunday 19 June 2011

Food - Joey's (Shops @ Don Mills)

My boyfriend and I went to Joey at Shops at Don Mills for lunch.(His idea)

Website: http://www.joeyrestaurants.com/location/don-mills
Location:15 O’Neill Rd - 1090 Don Mills Road (At Lawrence Avenue East)
Toronto - Don Mills | ON | M3C 0H2 Phone: 416.445.6391

We had a pretty good time, the waitress and the manager came by many times to ask us if everything was going well. We went at lunch so there weren't too many people there. I didn't know too much about Joey, because, well... reservations were super hard to get, and I wanted to go there with a lot of friends. But apparently, their signature dishes are: Ahi Tuna Taco, Lobster Grilled Cheese, Bombay Buttered Chicken and Panang Prawn Curry Bowl. (Which we didn't know, so we didn't order them -- keep reading to see what we ate!)

First came the water ( I took a picture because my water was much cooler than my boyfriend's even though it came at the same time, and probably the same jug!)

Then we had our appetizers: Calamari w/ asparagus and onions.
It was pretty good! At first I thought the asparagus were beans, silly me.  And anyone who knows me, knows that I am super duper picky with my food, but I actually tried that orange-ish sauce on the side, and I liked it!

I had the 7oz steak with frites (I pronounced them wrong, and the waitress corrected me, and I felt silly once again...) Oh, and I wanted to eat my veges, so when I tried to eat the spinach, I actually ate arugula, and oh man, was that a mistake! But, doesn't it look so tasty?! (LOL for having steak for lunch!)

My boyfriend had the Lobster Ravioli. And boy, was that good.
It looks like a small portion, but it was actually really filling!

The washrooms were gorgeous!(Don't worry, I waited until everyone was out before I took the picture)
They came with Dyson hand dryers AND an elevator that takes you to where the washrooms are! But if you took the stairs (which non-lazy people did) you would have been greated with a beautiful chandelier (forgive the quality for this, it was taken with my BB)































Well, that's all I have to say for Joey Restaurants. I know they're opening one at Eaton Center (soon?) It was a really nice environment, and the people were really nice. The food was amazing, and the prices are what you'd expect them to be.

Price: $56 + tax/tips (for two -- which is quite expensive for lunch)
Place: Joey Restaurant ( @ shops at don mills)
Thoughts: I would go here again! I hope they'd let me bring my group of 12 for my birthday dinner

<3 A

No comments:

Post a Comment