Thursday 30 June 2011

Food - Woo (Yonge/Dundas)

A few weekends ago, my boyfriend and I tried out an All You Can Eat restaurant. We had bought a groupon/teambuy where it was $12 for $24 (meaning, 1 ticket = 2 people for lunch or 1 ticket = 1 person for dinner)

It was not bad I guess, we paid taxes and tips on top of our tickets. Our waitress was really nice, she often came to great us, but after awhile it got ... repetitive. We sat down for 20 minutes, and she already came to ask us "how is everything" three times! I guess that's her job, but man, I havent even taken a bite of my first plate yet !!

Location: 10 Dundas St. E / Suite 500 / Toronto, Canada (It's in the building of Adidas/Future Shop)
Website: http://www.woorestaurantlounge.com/
Price: $20.95 weekday dinner / $23.95 weekend dinner

Here is the drink menu, it's cute how they wrote "Woo"

















The decor was cute! there were mirrors as the ceiling, it was fun to take pictures. But it was a bit creepy, because I can see other people and what they're eating. (and for the girls, dont wear shirts that are too low!!) We got a window seat which I was really happy about.

















The ceiling of the normal restaurant.  It looked really nice, very artistic. There were wine glass walls that were lit up. It was cool! My boyfriend and I came to the conclusion that it's a lounge at night.













This is all the sushi that looked appealing to me. (The food was a buffet style, where you go up to get the food. Maybe it was just me, but there wasnt much selection) There was seaweed,crab meat, salmon (which was NOT fresh at all -- tasted funny), bean sprouts (tasted horrible), and sushi roll which was okay. I would NOT come back to eat their sushi/sashimi.













Sorry, but I was too busy eating (hehe) to take pictures of my food, but here's a dish of the food I really liked. Black bean beef and some sort of chicken.
(Food not pictured that I can remember: Fried rice, wonton soup, kimchi, steamed buns, a few soups -- sweet/sour) Oh man, I few so bad that I cant remember what else there was.

Forgive me, there was actually more food than I had taken pictures of. There were 3 buffet tables of cooked food, one round table of small flavourings (Kimchi), one table of sushi and a little bar area of sashimi, and one table of desserts.













Now, my FAVOURITE part of buffets/all you can eats... ICECREAM!!! I love the desserts of every buffet. This buffet however, only had 8 types of ice cream, one look disgusting like it melted, was frozen, and then someone tried to see if it was frozen yet, but it wasnt -- it just looked gross. Other than that, there was mint, mango,papaya, vanilla, chocolate, orange, strawberry and green tea.(if I remember correctly)
But, this was a disappointing dessert. There were only two different (tiny) cakes, and maybe a few colours/flavours of jelly. 













Now I dont usually do this, but I felt bad for eating so much, so I got some fruit. Well ... one fruit. watermelon! But it was weird, either because it was under those lights (at the buffet) or my plate was hot. I was eating ... a hot watermelon. Yuck! A word of advice, never eat watermelon warm!!!!!

















And now, probably the best part of Woo (besides the ice cream) -- The VIEW!
Lucky for us, we got sat by the window which overlooked the yonge/dundas square. We actually just happened to be there that day, during the weekend long "NXNE". Which, after a few search terms with our phones, we found out that it is a "large festival dedicated to new and upcoming music" which was pretty cool. Since the MMVAs were down the street!













So ... my thoughts on Woo:


Revisit? I think I would revisit, if I am looking for a nice place to hang out and snack on food. Or, if I'm checking out the lounge at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment