Thursday 7 July 2011

Food - Kenzo (Ramen)

Restaurant: Kenzo
Address: 6180 Yonge St (south of Steeles, west side of Yonge)
Number: 416.229.4526
Open: everyday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

My boyfriend and I decided to try out this ramen place called Kenzo.
It was a tiny little place, it was sort of home-y. I didnt take pictures of the inside because there were only about4 tables that fit four people, and 3 other tables that fit 2 people. And, there were people sitting in all the tables, so I didnt want to seem creepy.
(Sorry about the pictures, I forgot my camera again and had to use an iPhone) 

My boyfriend got the King of Kings Ramen (I think)
Look at how awesome it it looks. Makes my mouth water.
It had spicy broth, seaweed, egg, fishcake slices (naruto), green onions (I learned that day that my boyfriend loves them. Who knew?), and I believe that it is BBQ pork (Chasiu).














Mine looks so plain compared to his. This is mine.
I ordered this because it came with gyoza, and I am pretty picky with food so I wanted to play it safe.
I think I got it in miso soup broth, or original broth. I cant remember.














This is the gyoza, it looks funny and all stuck together.
But, my goodness, it was sooooooooooo good.

















And I'm assuming that this was some sort of appetizer, or flavouring.
A bunch of stuff I didnt eat, but my boyfriend enjoyed.

















Price: around $10/person
Revisit? DEFINITELY!
Additional thoughts: I love this place, although parking was really hard (we didn't know there was extra parking in the back). It was a bit hard to find, it blended in with the other shops, so drive slowly! I love this place. Next time,  I think I'm going to get the spicy one.

Oh, and if you're wondering how it compares with Ajisen Ramen (Warden/Steeles) this is way better. Kenzo is authentic, the waitresses were Japanese, while at Ajisen they are Chinese. The menu at Kenzo doesn't have as much variety or pages, but the food there is super delicious. My boyfriend used to love going to Ajisen, and I asked him which one is better, and he said Kenzo - hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment