Thursday 21 July 2011

Food - Oliver & Bonacini (Summerlicious)

Last Friday, my boyfriend and I went to our first reservation for Summerlicious. 


Website (of Summerlicious): http://www.toronto.ca/special_events/summerlicious/2011/index.htm
There is a restaurant list which shows all the menus and prices, so I suggest checking that out. Hurry up though, last day of Summerlicious is July 24th.


my appetizer: Sweet Chili BBQ Baby Back Ribs crushed peanuts & mini corn bread pudding.
It was really good, I had a picture of the whole plate, but I thought that this would make it look more appealing and mysterious ~ so that you would go to check it out. 
 

















boyfriend's appetizer: Crispy Chicken & Ginger Dumplings maple scallion soya sauce (not pictured) 
 
my main: Steak Frites with caper & tomato brown butter sauce.
I was quite shocked when I ordered my steak frites, and the waiter didnt ask me how I liked it. It was alright when I got it, and it was rare. I can eat rare, as long as blood is not spewing out, but I usually like medium-rare.  It seems like there isnt a lot of food, but I couldnt finish it! I was so surprised, I love fries, and I couldnt even finish them !!
 









closer picture of my steak (looks sooooo good) 
boyfriend's main:  Panko & Citrus Togarashi Crusted Baked Atlantic Cod on minted sweet peas with red skin potatoes, baby shrimp & cabbage slaw
 
boyfriend's dessert:  Oliver’s Famous Carrot Cake with cinnamon Chantilly
my dessert: Chocolate Marquise. milk chocolate torte with hazelnut praline crunch.
This was a cute little dessert. It was quite small, but I guess the taste made it all okay. It was like a chocolate mousse, with fudge on top, and when you bit into it, it was like eating ... maltasers?  I can't really describe it, but every bite had a hint of hazelnut in it -- awesome. 

Picture while we're leaving, it's so beautifully lit. 

service: The waiter was friendly, joked around, and when we thought he forgot about us (we randomly asked him for a coke), he randomly surprised us with it ! Yay, I love coke !!
price: $25 + tips / person
decor: it's very urban-upbeat style, with tree stumps and flowers as decourations between rows of tables. (Funny story -- I was leaning back, and something was touching my head, I wasnt sure, so I ignored it. And then I leaned back again, and this time I turned around, and saw that a leaf was hitting me - I think a fake leaf - and then our waiter walked past and joked around with me)
additional thoughts: This was my second time coming to O&B for Summerlicious (once, just random), and my forth time eating at this chain (I ate at Auberge du Pommier last summer, with my family) and I would LOVE to try Canoe! So, of course I would revisit! It was quite crowded though, and I was a bit annoyed at some parents, because they let their kids run around, screaming and crying, and playing with furniture !!

No comments:

Post a Comment